AAPM&R has 4 awards that AAPM&R Members can nominate their peers for until this Friday, February 28th! We’ve identified a few IRC providers and have attached their bios for you to learn more about them. Please take a few minutes to help your IRC peers get some well-deserved recognition!
Established in 1972 to honor Dr. Krusen, a founding father of the Academy, who was a leader in the development of the specialty of PM&R. Dr. Krusen was the Academy’s fourth president and the first recipient of this award. The Krusen Award is the Academy’s highest honor, and recipients of the gold medallion are selected based on their outstanding and unique contributions to the specialty. The nominee should be an AAPM&R Member who has made outstanding and unique contributions to the field of PM&R in the areas of patient care, research, education, and administration; and has served the profession through involvement in Academy activities.
Honors AAPM&R members who have provided invaluable service to the specialty of PM&R. As many as three awards may be given each year. The nominee should be an AAPM&R Member who has contributed significantly to the advancement of the specialty; and has demonstrated excellence in physiatric clinical care, scholarly activities, and/or contributions to the Academy.
Honors individuals who, in the course of their public service activities, have made significant contributions to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities, and/or in vulnerable populations at risk for disabilities. As many as three awards may be given each year. The nominee has contributed significantly to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities, and/or in vulnerable populations at risk for disabilities, through service activities on an international, national or community level.
Please remember, nominations are due by this Friday, February 28th.
How to Nominate
- Go to: the AAPM&R Website
- Sign In
- Click the orange “APPLY TODAY” button
- A nomination form will pop up on the screen for you to fill in:
- Your Name
- Your Email Address
- Name of person you are nominating and their City/State to help identify
- Dr. Steve Gnatz, Chicago, IL
- For which Award would you like your nominee to be considered?
- For Dr. Gnatz, you would click the box for Frank H. Krusen, MD Lifetime Achievement Award
- Fill in a Support Statement
- You can copy and paste any of the information about Dr. Gnatz from his bio (attached to this link or the link above with his name) or write your own reasons
· The form allows you to submit 3 total nominations, so you can repeat steps 4-6 for additional providers you would like to submit: