In 2010, IRC changed the landscape of Physiatry by being one of the first groups in the country to partner with Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) to improve their rehabilitation outcomes. By being physiatry owned, we not only understand the daily challenges physiatrists face, but the unique challenges SNFs face with their rehabilitation programs. Our mission is to build a practice focused on the needs of the physiatrists and the SNFs with which we partner.
Today, IRC is the largest physiatry owned group in the country focusing on sub-acute care. We help bridge the gap in communication at the sub-acute level, with the goal of providing the best possible rehabilitation outcomes for our patients.
In addition, we work closely with national physiatry organizations including the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R) and Association of Academic Physiatrists (AAP)
Partnering with Physiatrists
By utilizing an operations, sales and marketing team specific to PM&R, IRC helps physiatrists partner with high quality facilities, while managing your day to day business operations and helping ensure you stay compliant with the changing health care regulatory landscape. This allows you to focus on your patients, ensuring the best possible rehab outcomes!
IRC contracts with selected national and locally-owned SNFs across the US by offering a comprehensive rehab program that promotes collaboration and teamwork, and enhances patient care.
Post-acute care has been rapidly shifting to skilled nursing facilities as the preferred inpatient rehab environment. The physiatrists who partner with IRC gain access early in this underutilized business model, while generating top tier income, and enhancing their quality of life!
Benefits of Working with IRC and Services Provided
Be a part of the top physiatry group in the country with:
- A dedicated physiatrist who is available 24/7 to mentor and provide education, guidance and support
- A national network of physiatrists and high quality SNFs
- A proven track record
- An experienced leadership team
Work with dedicated teams that provide:
- A compliance regulatory program
- Billing & billing analytics
- CMS quality measures, reporting and training
- Coding, audits and recommendations
- Credentialing services
- Physician education
- Virtual scribe services
Communication, Growth and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation
- Ability to create custom billing reports
- Full-time and part-time opportunities
- Group malpractice policy with no tail
- Increased earning potential
- Mobile charge capture for billing
- Pay new providers an advance on a percent of what they bill, before we even collect it
- Physician education and a resources web portal
- Physician leadership opportunities
- Self-scheduling/flexible hours with no call or weekends
Choosing the Right Physiatry Group to Partner with
We were one of the first groups partnering with SNFs in 2009. Through the years, many more groups have entered this level of post-acute care and attempted to break into this space. While we will never tell a physiatrist looking into our group, what groups we don’t recommend, we do urge all physiatrists and Skilled Nursing Facilities, to do their research and ask questions before signing a contract. Partnering with the right group and facilities is key to a successful future. Partnering with the wrong group can lead not only to dissatisfaction, but also significant negative financial consequences and legal entanglement.
Questions physiatrists should ask before signing a contract
- Who is the leadership team, including the Chief Medical Officer? What is their experience and background level in SNF-based rehab?
- Do they have a dedicated physiatrist available 24/7 to provide education, guidance, support and answer questions as they arise? If so, what is their experience level?
- When do I have to sign a contract?
- Can I meet with my assigned skilled nursing facilities before I sign the contract?
- What happens if I sign the contract and then the facilities I met with are not available or interested anymore?
- Can I get out of the contract I signed?
- How long has the group or company been in business?
- How many Physiatrists do they work with?
- Do they have dedicated teams that stay current and provide support with things like: Compliance, Billing & billing analytics, CMS quality measures, Coding and audits, Credentialing, Education , Changes in reimbursement, such as Patient Driven Payment Models (PDPM)
- Are there growth opportunities?
- Am I required to see a certain number of patients a week? If so, what happens if I do not meet that number?
- How do they find Physiatrists to partner with? Are they using an in-house recruiter who knows the ins and outs of their group or do they use a general recruiting company?
When you do your research, we are confident you will find IRC is the best partner for you!
Integrated Rehab Consultants (IRC) is the largest physician-owned physiatry group in the country. Physiatry, also known as Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R), is a branch of medicine that aims to enhance and restore functional ability (bone, brain, neuromuscular experts) and quality of life. Our physiatrists work with skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) to optimize therapy treatment plans; focusing on managing pain, functional rehabilitation and recovery for patients with physical and cognitive impairments or disabilities, we can help patients discharge quicker and safer – adding a layer of clinical oversight and capabilities that most SNFs and their patients have been underserved historically.