With the changing landscape of healthcare, more patients are being pushed to post-acute levels of care than before. Healthcare systems are focused on clinical outcomes and preventing readmissions.
Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF’s) choose to partner with IRC because we bring increased clinical documentation along with expert levels of post-acute rehab care.
What Integrated Rehab Consultants Can Offer:
- Dedicated Physiatrists – IRC assigns a dedicated Physiatrist to round a facility two or more times a week. In addition, a Physician Assistant (PA) may be assigned with the Physiatrist when a facility census increases.
- Reduction in Readmission Rates– IRC focuses on prevention. By closely monitoring patients as they progress through therapy, physiatrists develop close relationships with patients enabling them to help manage their pain, expectations and ensure patients recover as quickly and safely as possible.
- Provider Communication– Physiatrists help support the care team and attending physician by ensuring medical concerns that arise during a patient’s rehabilitation are properly addressed and communicated with the attending physician.
- Interdisciplinary Team Member – The IRC Physiatrist becomes a key member to a facility’s interdisciplinary care team by participating in Medicare meetings, UR meetings, peer-to-peer reviews, appeals to insurance denials for rehab patients and determining appropriate RUG coding as needed by the facility.
- Complete clinical documentation – IRC physiatrists complete clinical documentation to help support therapy, RAC Audits and federal surveys.
- Increased Patient Satisfaction – IRC physiatrists help increase patient satisfaction by directly communicating with patients and their families to ensure everyone understand the plan of care and helping to address concerns throughout a patient’s rehabilitation.
- Marketing – Hospitals, social workers, surgeons, physicians and insurances are closely scrutinizing re-admission rates, lengths of stays and patient care at each facility. To help show a facility is “clinically” superior over their competition and increase census, IRC physiatrists help improve these key areas and clearly communicate with audiences that drive referrals.
Integrated Rehab Consultants (IRC) is the largest physician-owned physiatry group in the country. Physiatry, also known as Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R), is a branch of medicine that aims to enhance and restore functional ability (bone, brain, neuromuscular experts) and quality of life. Our physiatrists work with skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) to optimize therapy treatment plans; focusing on managing pain, functional rehabilitation and recovery for patients with physical and cognitive impairments or disabilities, we can help patients discharge quicker and safer – adding a layer of clinical oversight and capabilities that most SNFs and their patients have been underserved historically.