With the changing landscape of healthcare, more patients are being pushed to post-acute levels of care than before. Healthcare systems are focused on clinical outcomes and preventing readmissions.
Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF’s) choose to partner with IRC because we bring increased clinical documentation along with expert levels of post-acute rehab care.
What Integrated Rehab Consultants Can Offer:
- Dedicated Physiatrists – IRC assigns a dedicated Physiatrist to round a facility two or more times a week. In addition, a Physician Assistant (PA) may be assigned with the Physiatrist when a facility census increases.
- Reduction in Readmission Rates– IRC focuses on prevention. By closely monitoring patients as they progress through therapy, physiatrists develop close relationships with patients enabling them to help manage their pain, expectations and ensure patients recover as quickly and safely as possible.
- Provider Communication– Physiatrists help support the care team and attending physician by ensuring medical concerns that arise during a patient’s rehabilitation are properly addressed and communicated with the attending physician.
- Interdisciplinary Team Member – The IRC Physiatrist becomes a key member to a facility’s interdisciplinary care team by participating in Medicare meetings, UR meetings, peer-to-peer reviews, appeals to insurance denials for rehab patients and determining appropriate coding as needed by the facility.
- Complete clinical documentation – IRC physiatrists complete clinical documentation to help support therapy, RAC Audits and federal surveys.
- Increased Patient Satisfaction – IRC physiatrists help increase patient satisfaction by directly communicating with patients and their families to ensure everyone understands the plan of care and helps address concerns throughout a patient’s rehabilitation.
- Marketing – Hospitals, social workers, surgeons, physicians and insurances are closely scrutinizing re-admission rates, lengths of stays and patient care at each facility. To help show a facility is “clinically” superior over their competition and increase census, IRC physiatrists help improve these key areas and clearly communicate with audiences that drive referrals.
We encourage the skilled nursing facilities we partner with to share their stories and experiences with us so we know “what they are saying”.
Have data or a story to share from your facility?
Send it over, we’re always listening!
“Since Dr. Tariq from IRC started at my facility, the results have been amazing! In just six months of working with him on key areas to improve, the number of patients we treat for rehabilitation increased from 29.2% to 37.2%, our return to hospital decreased from 21.% to 15%, RU% went from 63% to 74% and best of all our CMS Quality of Patient Care Star Rating for pain went from a 2 to 3 because of his close monitoring and staff education on pain reported by our short term and long term patients.”
UPDATE: “Since Dr. Tariq from IRC started at my facility, the data results continue to improve. In twelve months the number of patients we treat for rehabilitation increased from 29.2% to 45%, our return to hospital decreased from 21.% to 14%, our Quality Measures star improved from a 2-star to a 4-star, and we were able to achieve a deficiency-free federal CMS survey in August 2015!
Currently, we are pending Joint Commission Accreditation with a post-acute certification. I want to Thank Dr. Tariq for being a part of what I feel is the very best! We, and our patients really appreciate all he does and his support over the past year.”
– L.D, Executive Director at Indiana SNF
“We have worked with Dr. Patel for a few years and he has been a wonderful addition to our care team. Not only does nursing and therapy love the days he comes in, but our patients like the one on one attention he gives them and the time he takes to answer their questions. Our Medical Director has been so happy with Dr. Patel here because he knows there is a physician who specializes in therapy helping ensure our patients transfer back home safely when ready with the proper equipment. Thank you again!”
-L.L, Administrator at Illinois SNF
“Dr. Goddard works closely with us, and helps us, so we can help patients better get to where they need to be, in order to go home. Her input and guidance is valuable to us!”
-S.N. Supervising Physical Therapist in Westerville, Ohio
Integrated Rehab Consultants (IRC) is the largest physiatry group in the country. Physiatry, also known as Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R), is a branch of medicine that aims to enhance and restore functional ability (bone, brain, neuromuscular experts) and quality of life. Our physiatrists partner with skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) and inpatient rehab facilities (IRFs) to optimize therapy treatment plans; focusing on managing pain, functional rehabilitation and recovery for patients with physical and cognitive impairments or disabilities, we can help patients discharge quicker and safer.