Are you attending the 2019 AAPM&R Annual Assembly in San Antonio, TX?
Then be sure to stop by and learn more about working in post-acute care!
Located in Henry B. González Convention Center in San Antonio, TX, members of the IRC Team will be available at the:
Job & Fellowship Fair:
- Wednesday, November 13 • 6:30 pm – 9 pm at booth 501 in hall 3
Are you looking to take the next step in your physiatry career? Visit with Integrated Rehab Consultants (IRC) at the 2019 AAPM&R Job and Fellowship Fair!
Held the evening before the official start of the Annual Assembly, this is the most comprehensive PM&R-specific recruiting event in the country! Speak to more than 115 organizations from around the country recruiting for a variety of open positions, including fellowships!
Stop by booth 501 to talk with IRC Physicians and staff about exciting opportunities available in post-acute care for Physiatrists!!
IRC Exhibit in Booth 1423 at the PM&R Pavilion:
- Thursday, November 14 • 12:30 pm – 7 pm
- Friday, November 15 • 9 am – 3:45 pm
- Saturday, November 16 • 9 am – 12:45 pm
Get ready to see the best-of-the-best from more than 175 product and service providers, pharmaceutical and device companies, rehabilitation providers, and more! The PM&R Pavilion is the central hub where attendees come to network, find innovative solutions to their practice needs and challenges, and get ahead on the latest education in the interactive Learning Center, the new Research Hub, and during Lunch and Learn presentations.
Stop by booth 1423 to talk with Physicians and mebers of the IRC Executive Leadership Team !
Practice Symposium: 1314 – Physiatry Practice in the SNF: What You Need to Know to Succeed:
- Saturday, November 16 • 2:00 pm – 3:15 pm
- Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, Room 207A
- Featuring the IRC Executive Leadership Team: Steve Gnatz, MD, MHA, FAAPMR, Chief Medical Officer and Azlan Tariq, DO, Chief Clinical Officer
Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) based sub-acute rehabilitation is the most common inpatient rehabilitation level of care for Americans today. Yet physiatrists often do not contribute to the coordination of their care or help assure a good rehabilitation outcome for many patients in the SNF. This is due to the historical lack of physiatry presence in the SNF level of care. The picture is changing; however, with more and more physiatrists finding the SNF level of inpatient rehab care to be highly rewarding. This course will cover the “nuts and bolts” of why you should consider practicing physiatry in a SNF environment with a focus on both the opportunities and challenges.
LEVEL OF EVIDENCE:
- Level V
- Demonstrate understanding of a SNF based physiatric practice
- Navigate some of the common potential pitfalls of SNF practice
- Successfully practice rehabilitation medicine in the SNF environment
Charlotte Smith, MD, Chief Clinical Officer at US Physiatry will also be participating in this talk.
For additional information on #AAPMR2019, go to the AAPM&R website