In 2010, IRC changed the landscape of Physiatry by being one of the first groups in the country to partner with Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) to improve their rehabilitation outcomes.
Today, IRC is the largest physiatry owned group in the country focusing on post-acute care in Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) and Inpatient Rehab Facilities (IRFs). We help bridge the gap in communication at the post-acute level, with the goal of providing the best possible rehabilitation outcomes for our patients.
By being physiatry owned, we not only understand the daily challenges physiatrists face, but the unique challenges SNFs and IRFs face with their rehabilitation programs. That’s why we have made it our mission to build our practice focused on the needs of the physiatrists and the facilities with which we partner.
In addition, we work closely with national physiatry organizations including the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R), Association of Academic Physiatrists (AAP), and The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine (AMDA).
Partnering with Physiatrists
IRC contracts with selected national and locally-owned SNFs and IRFs across the US by offering a comprehensive rehab program that promotes collaboration and teamwork, and enhances patient care.
By utilizing an operations, sales and marketing team specific to PM&R, IRC partners physiatrists like you, with high quality facilities. We also manage your day to day business operations and help ensure you stay compliant with the changing health care regulatory landscape. This allows you to focus on your patients, ensuring the best possible rehab outcomes.
Post-acute care has been rapidly shifting to SNFs and IRFs as the preferred inpatient rehab environment. Our proven model enables physiatrists to easily integrate into these environments while providing them the independence of a private practice, with the support of a national group. In addition, it enhances quality of life by enabling a better work-life balance for physiatrist while, generating top tier income.
I feel so blessed…
“I feel so blessed to work with such a great and understanding group that allows me to exercise my physician mind, but also be a mommy to my girls.” – Dr. Joy Tsai-Li, M.D.
I love being part of the IRC Physiatry team…
“I love being part of the IRC team. I joined in June 2014, having not done post-acute rehab before. I found out I really enjoy making a difference in the lives of post-acute patient’s and working as a team to get them to their full rehab potential. I also enjoy the autonomy and the flexibility of determining your own schedule. There have been a few challenges along the way, such as not everyone being familiar with what a physiatrist is or does, but through promotion and education, these challenges are generally overcome over time.” – Dr. Mini Goddard, M.D.
My skills will make a real difference in people’s lives…
“I like working with IRC because I can practice in an environment where I know my skills make a real and significant difference in people’s lives. When IRC doctors are present in a sub-acute rehab environment, we bring our expertise about the best rehabilitation outcomes possible, in the least amount of time, and with as smooth a process as possible for the patient and their family. I like getting to know my patients well and feel that they appreciate my efforts on their behalf.” – Dr. Steve Gnatz, M.D.
Helpful, friendly and wonderful to work with…
“I love the flexibility I have with IRC. I can be as busy as I want to be. I feel like I am my own boss, but still have the professional support of a business, with billing / coding and professional growth. Everyone at IRC is helpful, friendly, available and wonderful to work with. I’m happy to be part of the team!” – Dr. Julia Carp, M.D.
Working with IRC has been the best professional decision I have made…
“Working with IRC has been the best professional decision I have made. I am fellowship trained in pain management and regenerative medicine. I was working in the outpatient arena performing multiple injections and dealing with chronic pain – I was nearing burnout. I needed a change and that was IRC. Now, I am doing what I am trained to do, pure Physiatry. I manage spasticity, pain, neuropathy, durable medical equipment, the rehab team, etc. I act as a physiatry consultant who is free from being on call and managing issues such as blood pressure, diabetes, infections and the like. The sub-acute facilities that I go to know my value and appreciate what I do; they respect me and thank me every day that I am there. Since working with IRC, I now have the most valuable possession to all of us – time. I have the freedom and flexibility to make my own schedule and work the hours I choose rather than set appointment times, mandates or time constraints. I go to work everyday happy and knowing that I am making a difference, 1 patient at a time.” Dr. Anthony Burgess, M.D.
Benefits of Working with IRC and Services Provided
Be a part of the top physiatry group in the country with:
- A dedicated physiatrist who is available 24/7 to mentor and provide education, guidance and support
- A national network of physiatrists
- Partnerships with high quality SNFs and IRFs
- A proven track record
- An experienced leadership team
Work with dedicated teams that provide:
- A compliance regulatory program
- Billing & billing analytics
- CMS quality measures, reporting and training
- Coding, audits and recommendations
- Credentialing services
- Physician education
- Virtual scribe services
Communication, Growth and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation
- Ability to create custom billing reports
- Full-time and part-time opportunities
- The flexibility to choose which level of post-acute care you want to practice in
- Group malpractice policy with no tail cost for providers
- Increased earning potential
- Mobile charge capture for billing
- New providers can receive their payments in an advance on a percent of what they bill, before we even collect it
- Physician education and a resources web portal
- Physician leadership opportunities
- Self-scheduling/flexible hours with no call or weekends
Choosing the Right Physiatry Group to Partner with
We were one of the first groups partnering with SNFs in 2009. Through the years, many more groups have entered this level of post-acute care and attempted to break into this space. While we will never tell a physiatrist looking into our group, what groups we don’t recommend, we do urge all physiatrists, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities to do their research and ask questions BEFORE signing a contract. Partnering with the right group and quality facilities is key to a successful future. Partnering with the wrong group can lead not only to dissatisfaction, but also adverse financial consequences and legal entanglement.
Questions physiatrists should ask before signing a contract
- Who is the leadership team, including the Chief Medical Officer? What is their experience and background level in SNF-based rehab?
- Do they have a dedicated physiatrist available 24/7 to provide education, guidance, support and answer questions as they arise? If so, what is their experience level?
- When do I have to sign a contract?
- Can I meet with my assigned facilities before I sign the contract?
- What happens if I sign the contract and then the facilities I met with are not available or interested anymore?
- Can I get out of the contract I signed?
- How long has the group or company been in business?
- How many Physiatrists do they work with?
- Do they have dedicated teams that stay current and provide support with things like: Compliance, Billing & billing analytics, CMS quality measures, Coding and audits, Credentialing, Education , Changes in reimbursement, such as Patient Driven Payment Models (PDPM)?
- Are there growth opportunities?
- Am I required to see a certain number of patients a week? If so, what happens if I do not meet that number?
- How do they find Physiatrists to partner with? Are they using an in-house recruiter who knows the ins and outs of their group or do they use a general recruiting company?
When you do your research, we are confident you will find IRC is the best partner for you!
Have anything you’d like to say? Contact us and let us know!
Integrated Rehab Consultants (IRC) is the largest physiatry group in the country. Physiatry, also known as Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R), is a branch of medicine that aims to enhance and restore functional ability (bone, brain, neuromuscular experts) and quality of life. Our physiatrists partner with skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) and inpatient rehab facilities (IRFs) to optimize therapy treatment plans; focusing on managing pain, functional rehabilitation and recovery for patients with physical and cognitive impairments or disabilities, we can help patients discharge quicker and safer.